Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish eyes

Today is a holiday :)
These last few weeks have been a bit rough/emotional so it is so nice to just relax and have fun and by golly, wear all the green I possibly can.
Today I am wearing my favorite color on my nails, sporting a bright green shirt, and celebrating life.



I am thinking of one of the sweetest ladies I know, my great Aunt, and how she got these shamrocks when she visited Ireland with my great uncle 20something years ago and then split some and gave a few to my mom and I. I always see them in my kitchen window and think of my aunt and uncle's faith, the wonderful example they always showed us, how I am 1/4 Irish, how I am grateful this is one of the few plants I have managed to not kill, how it's awesome that they close at night and open in the morning...it may seem silly, but it brings me such joy to have green living things in my home (even if I'm not that great at maintaining them :)



I am thinking of how very blessed I am to have a husband with an awesome sense of humor who likes to start new traditions with me (creating an 'Irish' breakfast complete with green eggs, potatoes, ham, yes, green beer too :) and so on...)

Today I am thankful for the life God has given us, and for days that remind us to celebrate the good and happy and silly moments with family, SIL's, and even random new friends.



Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Happy St Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment