Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wrong day quick takes

I know it's not Friday but I really just need to throw everything out there so I'm doing my own Wednesday everything goes takes....so here goes!!


1. Three words...
Worst
Haircut
Ever
I hadn't had a haircut since last Fall so it had gotten much longer than I've had it in about two years. My hair is thin so though I would love to keep it long, it really looks better short. I was ready to take off a bit so I stopped in after work last week and started chatting with the lady...talked about how she had thin hair too...thought she understood what I wanted and then BAM!! She chops the heck out of my hair!!
I have now become "ponytail girl" and I am determined to wear it that way until it grows. It's too depressing looking at it down. Oh well, all I can do is laugh about it now!


2. The bad news I spoke of last week had to do with the results of our third semen analysis test...yes, THIRD. First I will back up and say we tried to get it done the week earlier but had a...complication.
(Okay, TMI coming but hey, do we really hold anything back on these blogs??)
Planned for a day Dh had off work.
Made the appt. Ordered the kit. Abstained the necessary number of days. Went about our "preferred collection method" (Catholic style of course) and the damn.thing.broke. Uggghhh. I almost started to cry right then, but tried to keep it together and then Dh says...hey! The condom broke..you know what that means?...
We might get pregnant!!

And then we died laughing.
HA!! Now wouldn't that have been something?!

So thankful for his sense of humor :)

The next week was a success, but the results were not much different from the first two. We were really thinking that since Dh has been taking all those supplements for the past few months that we would see a change for the better. We are currently researching urologists in our area. We had such a bad experience with the first one (really matter-of-fact guy who basically told us it was all genetic and there was nothing we could do) I really want to be careful about who we choose. I just wanted it to get better on his side so all we would have to worry about is me. Why does it seem way worse when your Dh has to deal with IF personally too?! The thought of him needing surgery or something literally makes me sick to my stomach.
Speaking of surgery...

3. My surgery is Thursday. It was going to be last week but AF decided to drag her feet and since the dr. wanted it done between days 6-10 it needed to be pushed back until this week. I am glad it is finally here and that we are that much closer to getting some answers. More importantly, I really hope that they can open my right tube and also fix the "uterine abnormality" during this surgery! I am really pretty good emotionally right now, but I think when I get to the hospital and it sinks in, my nerves might jump up. It's almost here which means it is almost over! It will ALL be so worth it someday! Just a bit leery of the unknown at the moment..

4. I lost my job yesterday. I have been nannying for a family with a 5 yr old boy and 8mo girl since the end of January. They are a nice, laid back family and they were pretty accommodating when I had to take off to go to Austin to the clinic and leave 10 min early a few days for my u/s series. I talked with them weeks ago about my surgery and they seemed fine. When it was moved from last week to this week they were still fine. I had been working M-Th but they have been quite busy so a few weeks ago they asked if I could come Fridays too...if I couldn't they would have to put them in daycare M-F.
I said yes of course since I didn't want to be out of a job! So, two weeks ago I offered to ask my mom if she'd be able to help watch the kids while I'm out. They said they would think about it and we talked about having my mom come Monday so that she could meet the kids and see their schedule before they would need her on Wednesday. Monday morning came and I hadn't heard from them for certain so I texted the mom to see if that was still the plan. She texted back saying..."no, actually we will be putting them in daycare starting Wednesday. We love you but we really need coverage and J (the dad) puts so much pressure on me to get coverage and I am so weird about who watches them. I only trust you and (the church daycare). Sorry it's over text but I may not be here when you get here this morning."

What. The. Heck.

That was yesterday morning and today was my last day. I thought I would have this job through the end of the summer until the 5yr old went to kindergarten. And now...nothing. I feel like I was completely blind sighted! I mean, really?! If you could have found someone for three days I would have been yours the whole rest of the summer! I didn't think she was that weird about who watched her kids bc she met me and hired me on the spot and wanted me to start the very next day! I know I can't judge how anyone feels...I'm sure it will be a huge deal when I have to decide who to leave my babies with...but still....I just didn't see this coming.
We have been so busy lately but when I said I hoped things slowed down soon this is definitely NOT what I meant.
The kids were sweet, the schedule great, the pay good. Sigh..
I got some extra hugs from the baby girl one more time and the 5yr cried when I left today ... :(


Well, God will provide. He always does. I am putting my trust in Him that better things are just around the corner. I sure hope so!

5. My dad called to tell me this morning that his uncle lost his battle with cancer early this morning. Three years to the day after my grandpa (my dad's dad) passed away. I knew him as an uncle too but I haven't seen him in a few years. My heart hurts for my dad though...he grew up with him and just saw him last week. If you could please pray for my dad and the extended family I would be so grateful. I won't even be able to attend the funeral since it is the day after surgery and we won't even be home yet.

6. My heart feels heavy this week with all that is going on, but please know I am offering it all up for those of you still waiting or suffering and all your intentions.
When my mom is hurting she always says, "there must be lots of people who need extra prayers" I am trying to be like her and offer this all up.

7. God is in control.

8. Repeat #7 and burn it into my brain.

9. I am sorry for the negative post...I will post something happy soon, I promise!
In the midst of everything there is still so much to be thankful for!

10. Like my dear SIL bringing a sweet card, peanut butter fudge shake from sonic, and amazing St Gerard and St Therese relics to keep with me during surgery!! It really couldn't have come at a better time.



Thankful for sweet family.
Thankful for the opportunity to have this surgery and get that much closer to figuring out this crazy IF mystery.

12 comments:

  1. Hello first paragraph...it's definitely Tuesday. Yeaaa... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs and prayers! What a crummy way to be let go of. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! That is a rough week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying, Sorry for the crummy week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a rough week. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your surgery! Can't wait to hear how great it went. As for the SA, I am pretty sure it takes like 6 months for the supplements to make a difference because of how long it takes to make new spermies.

    That stinks about your job! Talk about being blindsided!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have to do a SA soon. I think I would cry if the thing broke. Your DH is hilarious though. :) So sorry to hear about your job and your great uncle. What a week. I'll be praying that your surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little late in commenting, though I've been praying for you!

    Your DH cracks me up - we either laugh or go crazy, huh?

    I'm so sorry about the job :( - so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL at the comment when the 1st SA didn't go quite right!!! :-D I would have not taken it so well.
    I'm so sorry about your job. That was quite the termination ... how upsetting. I will be praying for you and for your family.
    Your mom's comment that "people must need extra prayers" is priceless! What a great way to offer up suffering for others!
    I hope you're doing ok and everything went well. I'm behind on blog reading. Again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. Horrible haircuts ... AHHHHHH!!!! I'm very selective about who cuts my hair. I don't know why, but I am petrified of bad haircuts! I hope your hair grows quick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #4: I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago! I was watching these girls that I'd watched for years and I had a vacation planned and it was one week where they couldn't take vacation time, so they just found someone else to finish out the summer. They gave me a 3 hour notice!

    ReplyDelete