Friday, April 5, 2013

It doesn't feel real..

We have had a tough few days around here...

My mom called Tuesday evening to say my grandma had passed away.
It was extremely unexpected and we spent the next few days in shock and disbelief.
She wasn't sick or anything so it has been hard to wrap our minds around the fact that we won't be seeing her again. We were just talking and joking with her a few short months ago at Christmas!

Tonight was the rosary and afterward we spent time at my aunt's house. It was so strange feeling glad to see family one moment and them remembering why we were there the next.

I am thankful for such wonderful family members who have dropped everything to be here! Their support has been such a blessing!

I still don't think it has sunk in yet. I know tomorrow will be a very difficult day so if you could spare a few prayers for everyone it would be much appreciated.

Hug your loved ones and call those who live far away...



Thankful for many years with a sweet lady and that my grandma will be reunited with my grandpa after 21 years apart...

We sure miss you though.


10 comments:

  1. My heart definitely breaks for you and your family during this time. Your Mimi will be greatly missed. Continued prayers for you abd your family. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss :( Prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to read this. My great-grandma passed away suddenly and it was so hard in so many ways. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very, deeply sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. It is so tough to lose such a wonderful grandma & miss her so deeply. I miss my Grandma who passed away right before Thanksgiving. Know that your family & you are in my prayers. I hope you can share some good memories of your Grandma - I love doing that & looking at pictures to keep her memory alive. It is like she is right there with me. ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, ladies. My whole family has definitely felt the prayers! Y'all are so sweet..

    ReplyDelete