Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Girly-ness

Well, that's that. Another Mother's Day down.

Celebrated 3 grandmas and a momma, 4 cards, 4 flower arrangements, 1 Mother's Day blessing at mass, and a bulletin with a beautiful image of Mary and Jesus on the front that said Happy Mother's Day, my GM asking me when it will be my turn for a M's Day...
All of that I managed fine and didn't even get emotional all day, and yet it was the momma with baby in front of me at the grocery store yesterday that nearly did me in.

Go figure, right?

Apparently facing an under 3 month, perfect toed, sweet faced little one causes my judgement to go hazy because then I start wondering things like if kidnapping would still be considered a felony if the baby gets a really great home??
I kid, of course, but OH those pink, perfect toes!!
Anyhow...

This weekend was busy, but good with a wedding Saturday night and M's Day festivities. The wedding was one of the fanciest I had ever been to! (Think 17th floor and chandeliers.) My only complaint was the lack of country music to dance to. Our dance moves are rather limited so we found ourselves two stepping to Sinatra but oh well. We have fun no matter what :) This event also gave me a chance to wear bright red lips.
I'm totally not normally one to get excited about makeup but I have to say that Maybelline's 24hr super stay really did the trick! I've never had something stay on all night without it getting weird or fading (even after eating, drinking, kissing.. ;)

I got my hair cut on Friday too, so I was trying out all sorts of new on Saturday.





New shorter cut and more bangs this time.





And here are the flower arrangements I made for my Mom, both of my GMs, and Dh's GM.




Good thing I like doing flowers!


I was definitely thinking of all of you who are mommas now and praying this will be the last year for those of us who are waiting to be mommas!

Well, I've never really thought of myself as a particularly "girly" girl, but then I realize this post is all about flowers, makeup, hair....good grief. ;)



Thankful for the perfect weather last night that allowed Dh and I to sit out in
our open garage last night to watch the Rangers. It's the little things..







4 comments:

  1. It is always the little things that catch me off guard - maybe because I'm prepared for the "big" things, that when a sweet new baby or pregnant belly crosses my path I'm caught completely off guard.

    Praying you have sweet pink toes in your house very soon!

    The flowers are awesome...I'm lucky I can get them from the store to the car w/o ruining them, so I'm definitely in awe of your ability to arrange them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haircut looks cute and sassy! It stinks to be caught so off guard. Prayers next year is different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair cut!!!

    And yes, let's hope that next year will be different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also thought about kidnapping ... its not just you! And standing behind moms and babies in line gives you a limited view of anything else. I still scope out PG ladies and feel a lump in my throat and a tightness in my chest.
    You did an AMAZING Job on the flower arrangements! Beautiful! And I love your haircut! It looks great!!!
    I'm praying that you will become a mom soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete