It really seems like this year just started!
I am definitely ready for a good happy post to have the top spot on here and that works out great because happy is exactly where I have been lately :) I have really been thinking recently about this year compared to last year and the one before and I am just thanking God and soaking up all the goodness that has been these past few weeks/months. I suppose you could say DH and I had a bit of a rough start to our married life (deaths in both families, normal lets figure out how to be married stuff, finding out we wouldn't be having little ones right away) but we have grown so much and worked things out together and this place right now is a really good place! Part of my crazy brain thinks that since things have been so good, that something is about to go wrong. Then the awesome happy/joyful part of my brain tells the other part to shut up and enjoy the moment.
I know it will not always be this way. We still feel we are a bit stuck on our IF journey and not quite sure of our next steps. For whatever reason though, this has not even been able to break this lovely good mood spell. Actually, the only thing that has caused pain recently has been facebook! I have felt so confident in God's love for us and hopeful about his future plans but when I see all the pretty babies and pregnant ladies flooding my feed I get that awful feeling like I've just been punched in the stomach. The desire to be a mommy is so strong and it always will be. I have never given up fb for Lent but I am seriously considering it this time since I am realizing more and more its ability to bring me down.
I know we will have more difficult times to come, but for now, I am SO very thankful that we have been given this awesome joy and this awesome feeling of closeness with each other and with God. (adding more adoration has definitely helped that). DH is actually out of town at the moment (1 week down, 1 to go!) and though I worry about him when he is away, I am focusing on the homecoming. (and I'm pretty freakin excited about it ;)
I wanted to share a bit more about myself in pictures. I am definitely a picture nut and I haven't shared any on here yet so these are just a few of my favorites from recently...
| This is an old pic of our mantle at Christmas, but Christmas is my favorite time of the year so I wanted to share it! |
| Grapefruit: 1. because we are trying to eat healthier and 2. because I like these colors...didn't know how pretty the inside of a grapefruit could be :) |
| Training for a 10k coming up soon (yikes!) My feet and our pup's feet. |
| Obsessed with sunsets! This was a particularly lovely evening along a river. |
Now I am going to quit procrastinating and finish cleaning our office!!
Today I am thankful for family. They keep checking to make sure I'm still alive while dh is away :)
FB - the source of more pain than I ever thought a single website could be. Sad I know, but the only reason I keep my FB page is because I want my turn of posting ultrasound pics...see, sad.
ReplyDeleteLove your mantel!
If Dr. S. doesn't say "yes, by all means start running again" after my appointment on Wednesday I may cry right there in his office. (I'm sure I'll cry for other reasons, but this is the one I would feel most silly about).
fb is evil. I haven't ever given it up for lent, either, but I think that's a great idea! Cute pics by the way!
ReplyDeleteHmmm giving up FB for Lent...I think you might be onto something! For me it's not so much the pics, but the inital announcements that hurt the most. Particularly if they're of unmarried people/couples :/
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about waiting for the other shoe to drop when things are good. I'm guilty of that, A LOT. Glad you've been feeling positive!
I heart your mantle. It's absolutely beautiful!
I've been off of FB for awhile. Its nice! The jealousy (for the most part) is gone and I don't have a bad attitude after I look at everything to direct towards the hubby.
ReplyDeleteDoes your hubby travel alot for work? When my hubby and I were first married, he would travel for 2-3 weeks at a time. I remember how hard it was and how lonesome. It was like a different person each time I saw my hubby again, as I'd "forget" him in real life, if that makes sense. I'm so glad you have your puppy!
Like Ania, I LOVE your mantle! Such a great idea! Mine looks pretty shabby right now. :-)
Thanks for the comments y'all! I do love hearing from everyone!
ReplyDeletePerfect Timing....well, he really doesn't travel too often so I am thankful for that. I suppose it's about 4-5 times a year for normally a week or so. This time was going to be 3wks so I was definitely glad when it got cut to two. I'm sure that was so difficult having your hubby gone so long at a time! Does he still travel quite a bit now? I was glad to have my puppy to talk to (sounds a bit silly) when I was at home. It just doesn't feel like a normal routine when they are gone!
Rebecca...I have thought that about fb too! It's such a weird love/hate relationship. I know I want to shout it to the mountains when we do conceive but I would never want to make anyone else sad because of it. Well, it's day one today of giving it up for Lent and I am enjoying the break so far. We'll see how it goes!