Friday, October 21, 2011

Just drive....or the random post

Goodness!

It seems I am surrounded by lovely people! Seriously y'all, I am so grateful for the prayers and your words of welcome into this crazy club. I am still figuring out this whole blogging thing, but I am excited to see where this leads :)
So, anyway Happy Friday to all! You know it's a good day when it starts out with a garage sale. I stopped by a place yesterday but didn't have any cash so I had to go back today and pick up my items (a cute little kitchen chair and a small side table thing with drawers that just needs a little love...mainly because one of its legs is loose and needs a few extra screws..) Anyways, they have been already been introduced to their new friends in the corner of my garage where the "rather run down furniture items I have brought home that will one day be made all pretty" live. However, I am in the middle of a project that is at the moment taking up my whole kitchen table and I will not allow myself to start anything new until I finish it.

Have you even just taken a drive just for fun? Like the windows down, music up, beautiful day drive down a road you've never been kinda drive? Well, my search for another garage sale ended up that way. I got to explore down a side road I had been wanting to for a while. This was the sort of drive that makes you feel a bit more adventurous and free...two lanes winding through a wide stretch of open land where you see more horses and cows than houses. We live in a neighborhood with houses close together but from the entrance to our edition you can see cows across the road and I must admit I like it that way. What can I say? I am a Texas girl :) Not that I think I would ever be too happy living on a farm taking care of cows, but I like the feeling of being a bit out in the country (and still being within 10 minutes of a Wal-Mart ) Never did find that garage sale, but the trip was well worth it.

Well, I really didn't know what I would write about as I sat down today...garage sales and cows, oh dear.
I'll spend a post another day telling more about our story but this will do for now.

A few more random things...
 I love teal, turquoise, any sort of bright blue and yellow. These are my main happy colors!
I enjoy photography, crafting, singing in the car (and everywhere) and am hopelessly addicted to pinterest.
I have two younger sisters, and my husband is the only man I ever dated :)

That's about enough for one day. Thank you all again for your lovely words. I am slowly reading your stories as well and I look forward to learning more!

Today I am thankful for this beautiful weather

 Have a wonderful weekend!




 

2 comments:

  1. I also love the feeling of windows down, beautiful day driving, but I DO NOT SING! I'm terrible! :)
    Its too bad you didn't find the garage sale ... but I'm glad you had an enjoyable day anyway. You'll have to post some before and afters on your furniture projects. I'm always jealous of crafty people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now seeing this post...and I love it! Garagesalescraftingandrandomdriving= awesomeness! :)

    ReplyDelete